My name is Danielle Williams and I am so excited for my second year at E.K. Baker! As the school counselor, I am here daily to assist students, teachers, and parents. I provide services to promote students' academic success, social skills, and career development. These services include classroom guidance lessons, small groups, and individual meetings with students.
I want to make sure that every student at EKB has a positive and productive year, so please contact me by email at email@example.com or by calling the school at (423) 745-2760 if you have concerns about your student!
The mission of the school counseling program at E.K. Baker is to provide all students with an excellent comprehensive school counseling program that helps all students reach their maximum potential as life-long learners and productive members of their community. This program delivers services through a tiered system of support including classroom guidance lessons, small groups, and individual planning services to support the academic achievement, career development, and social emotional growth of every student.
The vision of the comprehensive school counseling program at E.K. Baker Elementary School is for every student to possess the academic, career, and social/emotional skills necessary to be successful. Our students realize their full potential and self-worth. They are leaders, problem solvers, and productive citizens. Our students are resilient when faced with challenges or adversity. E.K. Baker students make a positive impact on the lives of others and their community.
The EK Baker School Counselor believes:
- Every student has dignity and worth
- All children can achieve academic, social and emotional, and career success when given appropriate and timely support and interventions as well as rigorous and relevant instruction
- A comprehensive developmental school counseling program is an integral part of a student's education
- The role of a school counselor includes collaboration with teachers, parents, administrators, and other stakeholders in order to advocate and provide services for students
- School counselors will use data to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program
- School counselors will abide by the American School Counseling Association Code of Ethics
- School counselor will participate in ongoing professional development to improve skills and knowledge
About School Counseling
Why Elementary Counselors?
Elementary school years set the tone for developing the knowledge, attitudes and skill necessary for children to become healthy, competent and confident learners. Through a comprehensive developmental school counseling program, school counselors work as a team with the school staff, parents and the community to create a caring climate and atmosphere. By providing education, prevention, early identification and intervention, school counselors can help all children achieve academic success.
Source: American School Counselor Association, "Why Elementary School Counselors?"
Why Middle School Counselors?
Middle school students are characterized by rapid physical growth, curiosity about their world and an emerging self-identity. Through a comprehensive developmental school counseling program, school counselors work as a team member with school staff, parents and the community to create a caring, supportive climate and atmosphere whereby young adolescents can achieve academic success. Middle school counselors enhance the learning process and promote academic achievement. School counseling programs are essential for students to achieve optimal personal growth, acquire positive social skills and values, set appropriate career goals and realize full academic potential to become productive, contributing members of the world community.
Source: American School Counselor Association, "Why Middle School Counselors?"
How School Counselors Help
- Classroom Lessons
- Small Groups
- Individual Counseling
- Individual Student Planning
- Community Resources